These are the priorities that the SUN General Meeting voted for in November 2009.
- Safe SUN
Increase Single Family Home Ownership opportunitiesNeighborhood Beautification
- Promote crime prevention and intervention strategies
- Traffic control and calming
- Consistent and effective code enforcement
- Engagement of absentee landlords
- Building relationships with City and University police.
Update Zoning Codes to preserve our predominantly single family dwelling historic neighborhood
- Front yards
- Parking strips
Historic Street Lights beginning with 600 block S. 6th at Lowell SchoolOrganize East William Street into a Business District with trash cans and facade improvementsDowntown Hospital and Trauma FacilityInstall Gazebo in O'Donnell's Gardens ParkAdditional Park or Community CenterAdd more streets to the current plan to Bury Utility CablesCoyote Creek Trail ExpansionLane Reduction on 10th and 11th StreetsThe text of the SUN Priority Document is here.
- Preserve single family detached homes
- Prohibit uses incompatible with the historic design and scale of the neighborhood
- Lower zoning density down from 16 units in a four bedroom home